HHP Ranked in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
HHP Attorneys-At-Law is honored to announce that the law firm has been ranked in the latest ranking of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 as a recommended law firm in Data Protection PRC Law Firm and a notable law firm in the region of Shanghai due to its professional services and excellent market reputation. It is the first time that data protection has been included in the ranking areas by the Legal 500, and it is also the first time that the practice of compliance of HHP has been ranked by the Legal 500.
HHP’s Cybersecurity Practice Group includes attorneys with a range of experience to work with the unique data practices of the client’s business to ensure critical information management throughout the data lifecycle. We leverage our knowledge of the requirements by different countries or geographic blocks where the regulations increasingly govern the information critical to the client’s success to design real-world strategies to unlock the power of the client’s data while building trust in their brands. We also work closely with a global network of law firms to meet our clients’ needs in every market to strengthen compliance and implement integrated risk management programs that create a stronger control environment for business success.
Our Cybersecurity Practice Group works across all sectors, especially industrial manufacturing, healthcare, automotive, advance materials, new energy, chemistry, life science and pharmaceuticals, consumer goods and services and so forth, offering a full complement of counseling and advice as well as regulatory services, including:
- Legal counsel on all aspects of data management, including creation, storage, use, commercialization, retention and deletion
- Compliance with international regulations (GDPR and etc.)
- Legal guidance on industry-specific regulations
- Legal compliance involving cross-border data transfers
- Developing cybersecurity prevention and response plans
- Providing internal training regarding data protection and cybersecurity
- Advising employers on legally monitoring and managing internal policy and employee cyberactivity
- Advising employers on securing data related to trade secret and managing data theft
- Draft of online privacy policies and corporate privacy policies for compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations
- Legal guidance on E-commerce and direct marketing strategies
- Providing defense against privacy and data security enforcement actions
- Due diligence on cyber-related issues through corporate transactions including M&As
For 33 years, the Legal 500 has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research programme revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in over 150 jurisdictions, and the Legal 500 Asia Pacific provides unbiased commentary and insight into the legal marketplaces of 25 Asia Pacific jurisdictions.
The rankings are based on a series of criteria, and highlight the practice area teams who are providing the most cutting edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel. The research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivalled experience in the legal market.
Again, we remain grateful to our valued clients, business associates and fellows for all your support. Our success is inseparable from your long-term support and trust. We will continue providing our clients with high quality and efficient legal services and look forward to better cooperation in 2021.